1. Name and a little background information about you and what do you sell in your shop. My name is Jennifer (thus the JollyJennifer ;) I'm 25, single. I have a culinary arts degree but decided that it just wasn't for me. In my shop I sell a variety of items from polymer clay sculptures to my swirl art, all types of jewelry and paper products such as cards, tags, origami boxes, etc.
2. When and how did you get started in your craft? I've always been a crafter-the creative one in the family. I've collected things over the years and dabbled in this and that until I dated a guy and he told me his mom had an etsy shop. I learned more about it and got more serious about my crafts.
3. Could you explain a little how is your creative process? I've mostly been sticking to ACEO size work for now. I start off by sketching a basic design with pencil and then taking a thin marker to make a basic outline. Alternating around the page, I fill it in with swirls. If you watched me you'd think I was a little scattered with my technique, but I think the specific order that I do things in a picture is what makes it so captivating. Making each piece of art takes a lot of time and hurts my hands after not too long, so I take my time.
4. How long have you been selling your craft? I joined Etsy July 2, 2009. 5. Do you have a favorite item from your store and why? It's too hard to pick a favorite. Each new item is my favorite!
6. What do you want to achive from Etsy? It would be amazing to be able to just rely on funds from Etsy, but I don't honestly get that many sales (I usually trade as much as I sell). I hope to return to school soon to get my masters and teaching certificate. While that is my end goal in full time employment, I plan to keep up with Etsy. If nothing else, it's a creative outlet for me that I enjoy. I have plans to use my Etsy funds as a savings account to return to Poland for a vacation. I lived there for a year and a half and I've been dieing to return and see all the friends I miss. On a side note, I also have another shop called Crafting4Causes.etsy.com where I donate all proceeds to good causes each month. My goal is just to help as much as I can with that :)