Friday, November 13, 2009

Old Pictures And Fashion Tradition

Love for fashion has been in my family for years. This summer when I returned to visit my family in Cuba (after being in USA for almost 4 years) I spent some time looking at old photos of the family. Many of the photos have not survived because we've been in several floods by the hurricanes and we have lost many of them. Despite of that some still exist. Here are some that are very valuable to me. This is a picture of my grandmother when she was about 20 years of age. It looks very elegant in her white dress and high heel shoes. The shoes look like they have two tones. She looks super chic and confident. She always made her own clothes. 




This other picture is my mom in a dress made by herself. She has a model figure and her hair very well done. At that time she lived in a small town on the outskirts of the city. But she always followed  the fashion trend.

These others are my sisters and I when we were kids.
My oldest sister Elizabeth

My middle sister Mariela

Me! I'm the youngest!

I like to keep those photos because they are of great value to me. Now they are like a treasury to me because I separate from my family.
 I'm passing them to digital format to enjoy them for many years to come. 

5 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

All beautiful ladies! It's amazing how timeless some styles can be. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

You are very welcome. Thank you for your comment! :o)

2 Virgos Designs said...

beautiful family! thanks for sharing! I love looking at old photos, I have some cabinent crds from the late 1880's that are so cool to look at, one if a baby during christianing.

Unknown said...

Thank you 2 Virgos Designs!

Aunt Spicy said...

What a fun bllog! And I just love your family photos! I always feel that family photos help me better understand who I am!